Saturday, 18 February, 2017
11 - 13:00
Right now our Government is writing a long term plan for Australia’s foreign policy; and you have the chance to have your say. With our world facing crises of conflict and migration, climate and poverty, it’s up to us to make sure Australia plays its part as a global citizen.
With many people concerned about the rise of Trump-style politics in Australia, this is a chance to connect with people who want to see a more inclusive and compassionate Australia, and talk about how we can contribute to that vision. We will also use the conversation we have to make a group submission to the Foreign Affairs White Paper.
– Tim O’Connor, Acting CEO, Refugee Council of Australia
– Ailsa Mackinnon, Director, Mercy Works
– Ben Thurley, CEO, Micah Australia
– Molly Coborn, Community Campaigner, Oxfam Australia
What we will do on the day?
– Guest speakers share current status of challenges we face globally and possible ways to address them
– Facilitated discussion in group for a submission to the Govt’s Foreign Policy White Paper
– Meet and connect with others in the community over yummy food
What we will achieve on the day?
– A collated version to be submitted to Foreign Policy White Paper, forming a framework for Australia’s international engagement over the next five to ten years.
Who’s this event for?
– Anyone who’s interested, concerned or passionate about Australia’s role in the world and keen to help shape it for the better!
What do you need to bring?
Venue & Catering
– Let’s know in the registration of your dietary
– Venue is wheelchair accessible
– We meet on the land of the Gardigal people of the Eora nation